Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Dusty Rose Babe

Rose, Rose gold, Dusty Rose etc

All these have been a big trend and obsession over the last year or two years. Everyone tries to make their hair look like this and all the hairdressers try to create their own formulas for these looks.
I had to try it out myself as well. By now I did plenty different shades and mixtures for this trend. And I am here to share now one of them. This was actually the most vibrant and dusty rose shade I made on my lovely client. We went for almost purple-y shade which gives little kick of edge to the style.
One of first thing you need to talk to your client about or think about yourself is the upkeep. This is one of those styles that need a lot of love and care. So making sure you know how this color will fade is number one. In our case, my client comes in to see me bout every 2 months so I had to make sure the color will last her and fade out effortlessly and always looking fresh. This is actually the reason we opted for a brighter stronger color so as it fades and washes out it turns to pastel rose shade. And spoilerssss- it actually worked and did wash our beautifully into pastel rose gold-y look.

I was lucky as my client had previously lightened hair. If you or your customer has dark base you will need to lighten the hair so the color shows off nicely. We had a ombre effect that I wanted to use in finale look too so job has been made easier real quick.
I normally tend to use Wella colors in the salon so I went into my shade chard and played around with the ideas. Mixing 55/66 which is real strong purple-pink kind of shade and 7/4 which is our classic ginger shade seemed like good idea. Especially if you add a pasteliser or anything that would break the colors down, make them look less vibrant yet still there. So I decided to add 8/3. Might not make sense to everyone, but that is ME. I just play around and see what happens. 9 out of 10 works like magic. So basically to break it down, I used 8/3 as a base so I did 2 parts of that and then 55/66 (1part) and 7/4 (1 part) as shade givers. You could do more of base if you wanted but that will make color less vibrant which wasn't what we were going for.
Applied the color as full head color, simple as that. As we had 2 tonal hair already I knew the color will turn out to be nice ombre style either way. And it did.

What do you think? Risky? What combinations have you tried? Would you go for this purple dusty rose color?
Talk later
xoxo
Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment